Monday, January 3, 2011

Hockey Here I Come!

Most Important Things First
(I'm not being sarcastic...seriously!)

My friend Heather Zellers (from Mountville Pool days) sent me this in hopes that I could get the word out AND I will do my best!

This information is from the email I received from Heather: My girlfriend Natalie is serving in Iraq and her fiance is in the Army too. She entered a contest to win free photography at their wedding, and she needs votes to win. As you make your new years resolutions, it would be fabulous if you can take a minute to help make someones wedding wish come true ;) !

Just email your vote for SUBMISSION 4 to: danielle@lefebvrephoto.com

Her submission is below--

Submission 4: Natalie Banach & Jonathan O'Dea
My fiancé and I are both in the Army. I am currently deployed to Iraq and Jon will be deploying early in 2011. Jon proposed to me on my mid-tour leave and we will be married in 2012 as that is the soonest we will finally be together again stateside after almost 2 full years apart! Needless to say our love and the thought of us getting married after all this really keeps me going over here! We are paying for our own wedding--while I would love to look back on magazine quality photos, our biggest priority is sharing our big day with our guests and making that as awesome as our budget will allow!! Every couple has their own share of hardships and I can’t say that we are more deserving than someone else, but what I do know is that while being at war is hard, it’s being away from the man you love that’s even harder than that. So once we finally are together again I want to make everything as incredible as possible, and our wedding would be a great place to start… Thanks for your consideration!

The link to the website to check it out for yourself is http://www.lefebvrephoto.com/. This couple has already put their lives on the line for us...the smallest thing we can do is take a minute out of our day to vote for them!

Onward to Hockey!
You should by now realize that I am an ICE HOCKEY LOVER! I remember the days when my Dad and I would watch the Philadelphia Flyers on a 13" black and white TV in our kitchen. Ever since then I've been hooked and now that I have a big girl job (and money) my love of hockey has grown into an obsession. I can now afford to go to many live hockey games AND season tickets for the upcoming 2011-2012 season. Everyone should go to a live game at least once in their lives, but please, please, please don't ask stupid questions. I took my girlfriends to their first game and they were warned about asking stupid questions, but that didn't stop one of them! She knows how she is and I did answer some of them in a non-sarcastic way (which was very hard for me), but most I just didn't acknowledge...yes I know, I'm an amazing friend! :)

Now for the good stuff...
My favorite team, the Tampa Bay Lightning, made a trade over the New Year's holiday. The TBL traded minor league player, Ty Wishart, to the New York Islanders, in exchange for a 41-year old goalie name Dwayne Roloson. Since the TBL traded for a goalie, they needed to send one of their three somewhere and the lucky winner was Cedrick Desjardins! He was sent back to the TBL's minor league affilate the Norfolk Admirals. Dewon his NHL debut game against the Montreal Canadiens and his second game against the New York Rangers in OVERTIME! Alas, he needed to go to make room for Roloson, who is in his 15th NHL season and expected to be a big helper for the defense! Was it a good trade...eh, only time will tell.

 On another note...Steve Downie was able to take full contact at practice today. He has been out for the last few weeks with a high ankle sprain...my personal opinion is he should have sucked it up and played! (Now, I'm not a doctor, but I have sprained my ankles enough times to know what if feels like...just a little disclaimer.) Downie is the fighter of the team and has been missed! The TBL have their next game tomorrow night at the Washington Capitals and I'm hoping they will win, so the followers of hockey don't have to listen to Alexander Ovechkin and his girlie-bitchiness.

Here is my 365 day photo for today...


The little speck in the center of the the picture is the Goodyear blimp leaving the area now that the Tampa area college football bowl games are over.

Alright world...it's late and I'm super exhausted from the first day back to work! Oh, but I did get a start on my New Year's resolution of getting my fat ass into shape...I joined a gym!

1 comment:

  1. Your photo is most interesting. Thanks for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete