Sunday, January 9, 2011

I AM A SLACKER!

Slacker, slacker, yes I am...slacker slacker, yes I can! Right there was my little cheer for being a slacker! Yes, I have been a slacker and haven't posted in 6 days. I promise that this long post will be worth the read!

LET'S GO BOLTS!
The Tampa Bay Lightning went on a 4 game road trip and didn't do too bad...2 wins and 2 HORRIBLE loses. Hopefully for their home stand they can do better!

January 4th- Bolts vs. Washington Capitals: The score was 1-0 in favor of the Lightning. Honestly, I slept through this game...I had a horrible migraine the entire day and really wasn't able to comprehend what was going on. Anyway, Marty St. Louis (please say his last name with a french accent because the dude is French-Canadian.../louie/) scored the only goal of the game in OVERTIME! I'm hoping the TBL can win again against the Caps when they come to Tampa on Wednesday, January 12th. Why do you ask? Well I'm going to that game and I only paid $7.54 for my ticket! It was also Steve Downie's first game back from his ankle sprain. He is now the proud owner of a ridiculous black eye...I'm sure his Mom is proud!

(Photo by Justin K. Aller/Getty Images)

His black eye is from getting in a scrum with Washington Capitals player Matt Hendricks. Ladies...who wouldn't love that face now?!? I'm sure my parents would be more than impressed if I brought any guy home with a black eye like that!

January 5th- Bolts vs. Pittsburgh Penguins: Well needless to say this game was a good ole fashioned beating! The score was 8-1 with the winner being the Penguins. Adam Hall was the lone scoring Tampa Bay Lightning player in the 3rd period. I'm sorry to say that as a true TBL fan, I stopped watching because it was painful. There were 2 good things that came out of this game...Chris Kunitz(Penguins) got his 2nd career hat trick (when a player scores 3 goals in the same game) AND Sidney Crosby didn't score. I know that sounds harsh and Crosby is an AMAZING player, but it's nice for the other guys on the team to get recognized for once.

January 8th- Bolts vs. Ottawa Senators: The final score was 2-1 with the Lightning taking the win! It was a boring first period...no one scored. The Bolts were down in the second period, but came back in the third to score twice in less than 5 minutes. Tampa's first goal was compliments of Adam Hall and then Marty St. Louis (again please say it with a French accent) scored for the win! Oh, it was also the first game where Dwayne Roloson has a plain white goalie's mask. His first game he wore his old mask from the New York Islanders...just looked strange with a TBL jersey.

January 9th- Bolts vs. New Jersey Devils: Another good old fashioned beating...score was 6-3 with the Devils taking the win. The Lightning were up 2-1 in the first period, but somehow the Devils scored 5 goals in the 3rd period. Yes, I skipped the 2nd period, because there weren't any goals. It wasn't a bad game, but it seemed like the Lightning just weren't into it. They were almost lethargic...lifeless. I felt there wasn't a lot of emotion in this game, they were just going through the motions so they could come home. Hopefully they will all get laid over their 2 day break, so my $7.54 isn't wasted on Wednesday night!

ENOUGH ABOUT HOCKEY ALREADY!
Well I went home to my parents this weekend to get away from the craziness here and to see my kittens!

Aren't they cute?

Oh yes and of course I went home to see my parents! At first it was going to be a reconnaissance mission, because Stripes, the orange striped cat, got out of the house. Yes, I know I was inventive with names, but it's okay, they were adopted at like midnight, kinda like a drug deal, but legal! Well she came back, hopefully scared enough not to try it again. Oh and I did find out that she has a lover...a big black Neapolitan Mastiff named Manny! Surprise...surprise, but she could do worse!
My mother is complaining about having to baby proof the house again, but their grand kittens are just prepping them for when their grandchild is born. So Mom, stop your bitching, because you'll have to do it when Blueberry is born! LOVE YOU MOM!
365 Days of Pictures
Here are some pictures for my 365 days of pictures resolution...I am an epic failure at this, since I do not have a picture for January 6th!

My friend's husband has an obsession
with elephants...they are all over the house.
(January 4, 2011)

Apparently I was too close to the
mailbox. I got a note from the
mailperson reminding me not to park
close to the mailbox.
(January 5, 2011)
 

This is what you see as you drive
across the state of Florida. There is
nothing except farm land and cattle!
(January 7, 2011)


The lovers...Stripes(cat) & Manny(dog).
According to my parents, they love on
each other a lot!
(January 8, 2011)


I did have another picture of my Dad sleeping for January 8th, but I'll save that for when I need something. :)



The boys. Kweo(L), who is about 175 lbs & Manny(R), who is about 115 lbs.
(January 9, 2011)

Well that's all folks...I hope it was worth it. In the future, I'll try to be better about posting a few times a week. Oh, I'm off to a Cardio Kickboxing class tomorrow at the gym...frustrations will definitely come out!


No comments:

Post a Comment